Sunday, January 10, 2010

chili mustaches





We went to the Aaron & Grant Chili and Beer Cook off Fundraiser Shindig Extravaganza (not actual title) for A&G's campaign. I definitely agree with Kay in that this was the most fun political event I have ever been to. Free stick-on mustaches and rides in Aaron's way-cool motorcycle sidecar (they totally could have advertised this feature as "free mustache rides" somehow?) only added to the party. The winner of the chili cook off gets to guest star on an upcoming episode of their show, Drinking in the Morning with Aaron and Grant. I think what I liked best was everyone's overall interest in the future of Columbia (Columbi-yeah!)-which is really refreshing. I am still quite young and only somewhat informed about local politics, but it takes many to run a city. Also, I have lived in this city since birth...and yeah, it sometimes sucks. Change is a most awesome thing.

No comments: