

I got some pretty neat books over the holidays.
I (Heart) Your Style is essentially like all other style tomes: filled with glossy photos of fashionable figureheads and a genuine foreword by someone who holds strong reigns in the fashion world (in this case, Diane Von Furstenburg). Similar to many other style books (especially this one), I had a firm grasp for about three days before I finally set it down, if only to clean my closet. Anything is worth its weight and time if it will get me to organize at least some aspect of my life. Holistically, I (Heart) Your Style is an aesthetically pleasing and fun book that makes you reevaluate not only how you dress, but why-it's very philosophical in many ways. So, yeah, if you like general dress-uppery, this book is for you.
One of my best friends of forever all time, John, gave me Indie Publishing:How to Design and Produce your Own Book. I have wanted this book for quite some time but never actually got around to purchasing the damn thing. While some things are just worth waiting for, I would definitely fork over money for this book. Indie Publishing is basically the bible of all independent publishing manifestos and guides one through every aspect of producing their own print media. Like 'zines. Which a venture I am currently involved in. Yay for inspiration.

2 comments:
i want I (Heart) Your Style. it sounds right up my alley.
yeah, Dave, you should definitely check it out. Very cool book.
Post a Comment