Tuesday, June 23, 2009

easy bake

It's Patrick's birthday so we decided to bake him some cupcakes. This is quite a feat for me, as the most complicated thing I tend to cook/bake/make is probably a Toaster Strudel. Or Soup..man is that shit difficult. I usually watch from the sidelines, or leave the room in general, as others-the more experienced and wise- whisk away. Also, being an herbivore, I tend to eat things that fall mostly in the RAW category-seriously, give me a bag of baby carrots and I'll make it a meal. Proceeding the Heist/Pattern is Movement show at ze Whig earlier that evening John and I came home where I had the idea to "bake some cupcakes!!" So at midnight, we ventured to the 24-hr Bi-Lo for some groceries. The theme of was "Super Butch," which the sparkly pink sprinkles and icing clearly indicate. What really really surprised me was how simple making these cupcakes was. I mean, there is really no effort at all. All this time, I thought my mother was a domestic goddess because of her ability to bake brownies. I mean, she totally is...but I guess some of the mystique has worn off. Thanks to Duncan Hines, I can bake while learning my place in society: the kitchen!! Anyway, I was pretty proud of the final product so I decided to document it.