Sam came back and then later the same day, another cat did as well. THE BEST THING was the following morning, however, when I peered into our backyard from my bedroom window to find four little cats. I rushed to the kitchen and poured many bowls of cat kibble for breakfast.
...and that's when I made one of many mistakes. I named them. I christened the second, grey one Chuck because he almost puked his food the previous day. You know, upchuck. The tiny kitten which resembles Sam (we have also concluded that Sam has a litter), is Tangelo because she reminds me of a Tangerine monkey. Sort of. The somewhat-larger-but-still-very-small orange one is Clementine in honor of the 2 liters of clementine-flavored Vodka we shared later that evening. Just kidding. Sort of.
The second mistake: I tried to pick the kittens up. Sam would not let me near her for the rest of the day. I guess we're cool again because I have since held her and she totally mews when she sees me. In addition to the overabundance of tuna in our pantry. OH YEAH: but our neighbors are trying to steal her from me, and it's like, dude, I don't care if you want her because honestly-honestly-I just want this cat to have a good home and spay-job. They "had her waaaaaay before [we] moved in." No shit-we moved in a little under two weeks ago. Above all, however, is that this particular cat was responsible for feeding four. I cannot stand for anything to go hungry and for our neighbors to claim they care for this clearly starved cat is really very irritating. Her name is "Indie." Um. no it isn't. It's Sam.
so if you, you know, like really nice cats with a tendency to win your heart, lemme know.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
cats are stupid.
Post a Comment