Wednesday, December 16, 2009

a very malkmus christmas


Check out this holiday card from Stephen Malkmus* I got in the mail today! I am so glad he remembered me this year (har har).

I recently realized the melatonin effect television has on me. I started Tuesday off right by watching Law & Order: SVU for an uninterrupted eight hours. Which was awesome. Regardless that I had already seen three of the episodes aired, I remained glued to the sofa. My marathon was briefly disrupted around nine p.m. by Elf. This was nice because it gave me a chance to nap (all that rape and molestation can exhaust a person) but not until about halfway into the film, the beginning is hilarious!

I do not know if any of you have heard of this movie, but basically it involves Will Ferrell (keep an eye on this guy, I think he's going to be big some day) playing an elf who discovers his human roots and heads to New York City in hopes of finding his biological father, played by the James Caan. I was a little disappointed when I remembered that this movie was not the Caan film I love most, but it has its moments.

As predicted, I fell asleep during Elf (again, television makes me sleepy, never mind that I did nothing but watch it. all. day. long) but awoke to a real Christmas miracle: another episode of Law& Order: SVU!! Seriously, is this all the USA network ever airs? Do they know there are 37 other Law & Order spin offs (Law & Order fun fact: did you know that Detective/Sgt. Munch, played by Richard Belzer, has appeared in all Law & Orders of the L&O franchise? He even appears as his Law & Order character on The X Files)? I really should not complain because I do not even watch the other Law & Orders, except sometimes Criminal Intent because Eric Bogosian has a role and I think Suburbia is the bee's knees.

Law & Order: SVU had about three hours air time on the USA network again this afternoon. It is comforting to know there are stations that share the same love I have for Benson and Stabler**.


* Kendal
** Ripped-from-the-headlines rape and murder stories.

1 comment:

Sam Spina said...

Stephen Malkmus writes like a cheerleader