After nearly eight years sans-meat (with the exception of feeeesh), I am thinking of changin' my ways. I am not sure I want to continue my vege/pescatarianism for much longer. I get sick, all the time it seems, and I think my diet is to blame.
I eat a lot of iron-plenty, "leafy greens" and produce but still I get sick. I would say, on average, I get sick (like really sick: like, go to the doctor almost every time because it feels like Strep) between four and six times a year. That's a helluvalotta doctor visits; and it's never strep!
This may be the NyQuil talking, but I will allow myself some chicken and see what happens.
we'll see. Maybe I should just get my tonsils removed?
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
it's hard to say no to chicken tenders when you work at yesterdays
I went through the same thing... except my realization was that my "vegan diet" consisted of peanut butter + banana sandwiches, shitty snack food, a pack of cigarettes a day, and excessive alcohol consumption. Four-ish years of that made me sick and gave me an abscess on the back of my tonsil. That marked the beginning of my transition from reckless youngin' to bitter old man.
Your body tells you what you need to do. Good luck with the changes in diet!
Do you take vitamins?
I take iron pilllz and B-6 (or whatever the "important" B vitamin is) sometimes
awww! the vege lifestyle seems hard to manage ... have you talked to your doctor about changing your diet?
ps i'm glad you love the black lips! i am dyin' to see them live now.
meat is where it's at homie. gotta get that protein.
Post a Comment