



I have a very exciting opportunity in my cards these days. My friend (who is also the older sister of a very good friend I have known since Hand Middle) Katie is publishing a 'zine here in soda city and has asked me to help. She previously ran a pretty badass 'zine while living in Nashville (Nashville Femme: see above photos) and would like to produce something similar, but not identical, right here in Columbia.
I published my own 'zine from fifth through sixth grade, Bubblegum Monthly. Great name, right? While I either cringe or laugh hysterically-mostly the former-at how "cool" I thought I was (not that I have reached said status quite yet, either...), how many 11-year olds did you know with their own publication? Once I scrounge up all copies I can (of course, how many 11-year olds do you know wise enough to save what really matters?), I will post them. I have the skeletons prior to publications, and somewhere a floppy disk with all original issues is floating around my mom's house. Somewhere a computer which still reads floppy disks, too, is floating around. Each will be near-impossible to navigate.
I AM SO EXICTED!!!!!!!!1
Also:
Miss Kennedy better like her cool gifts she is getting for Secret Santa. Miss Kennedy also better not be Jewish or read my blog.

1 comment:
All right. I want a badge on my blog of the top picture leading to anywhere random. It is so freaking great!
Post a Comment